What do I need to do to make an appointment?
- You can use the link at the top of the page, the link below at the POSMC website, or call our office at 972.250.5700
How long does it take to get an appointment with Dr. Wright?
- While it depends on his schedule, Dr. Wright is usually able to fit patients in the same day or the next day for a consultation or follow up as long as he is in the office.
How long out does Dr. Wright book for surgeries?
- This depends on previous bookings, and what needs to be done in preparation for your surgery. Most of the time a minimum of 2 weeks is needed from consultation to surgery for insurance approval, labs, preoperative medical clearance, operating room preparation, and more. If you are seeking a joint replacement it is a good idea to plan this at least a month or several months in advance to allow time off work to be approved, family visits coordinated, etc., but we will work with your schedule as best as we can
What do I need to bring with me to an appointment?
- Please bring an ID, your insurance information, referral information if required, previous records if available
- Here is a link to our POSMC patient portal for forms that can be filled out prior to your arrival to speed up your appointment time
Does Dr. Wright see patients who have been operated on previously by other surgeons?
- Yes! Dr. Wright will see patients for second opinions or for possible revisions. This is one of his specialties. He does require outside records from prior operations including actual radiographic images, imaging reports, clinic visit reports, and most importantly operative notes to know sizes of implants, manufacturer of components, and a description of the previous surgery.
What insurance plans does Dr. Wright accept?
- Dr. Wright accepts most major insurance plans, but the best place for updated information is the POSMC website
Dr. Wright and I discussed surgery and I have decided I want to go forward and pick a surgery date. What next?
- Dr. Wright frequently reminds patients they do not have to decide whether or not to have a surgery at the initial consultation. Having surgery is a big decision and often involves coordination and discussion with family members. If you have decided you are ready, please give his surgery scheduler Edith a call at 972.250.5708.
What locations does Dr. Wright work out of?
- Dr. Wright sees patients at the POSMC office in Plano, Texas at 5228 W Plano Parkway.
- Dr. Wright is credentialed at several hospitals including Legent Orthopedic Hospital, Baylor Frisco, and Medical City Frisco, Wellness Ambulatory Surgical Center in McKinney.
Total Joint Replacement FAQ
There are many common questions about arthritis, knee, and hip replacement. Many of these are answered in the patient protocols Dr. Wright has made available on this website or will be addressed during your clinic visit. Additionally, a great source for general information are the following websites created by the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons. These websites answers questions like:
- How long does a hip or knee replacement last?
- What is a hip or knee replacement made out of?
- Will I need therapy?
- What are the possible complications?